Shrinking is possible if spaces are available in other drives.
· Right click on my computer and click Manage.
· Then click on disk management.
- After clicking disk management you can see list of hard disk partitions you already have, then select the disk drive you want to shrink (look the present disk volume).
- A small window querying shrink volume will appear (wait till next shrink window appear).
- In the window enter the amount of space in MB you want to shrink.
- Click shrink.
- Now you will see the disk volume is changed after shrink and a new free space is available to create your new partition.
- Right click on free space volume and click create new simple volume, new simple volume wizard window will appear.
- Click next to continue.
· Set volume size and click next.
· You can assign the following letter drive or mount in empty NTFS folder (I assigned a letter drive name as “P”). After that click next.
· Then select format partition (quick format NTFS). Click next
- Now you can see the new volume “P”.